Euri is a multi-disciplined tax lawyer with a wide variety of legal and commercial experience. Having qualified as an English law solicitor, a Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA), a Chartered Management Accountant (ACMA) and with an MBA degree, Euri has gained depth and breadth of legal and business acumen, working at various organisations including a City law firm, Laytons LLP, Samsung and British Airways.
Prior to qualifying as a solicitor, Euri worked as a Management Accountant and In-house Legal Advisor at Samsung SDS Europe Limited for three years, where she gained the ability to work across different cultures and deal with senior management.
She was an Associate Partner at Laytons LLP where she trained and practised as a tax lawyer for 12 years.
After leaving Laytons, she co-founded a legal tech business, LawXero, whilst continuing to practise as a tax lawyer on a consultancy basis.
Euri is originally from South Korea, so her Korean clients value her ability to explain the complexities of English tax law in their native Korean language as well.
Euri regularly advises on a broad range of corporate and commercial tax matters for businesses and business owners and executives, including in relation to:
- UK and cross-border corporate M&As, private equity transactions, corporate reorganisations, demergers and share buy-backs
- international corporate tax issues including double tax treaty
- tax planning for property transactions
- tax planning for internationally mobile employees and expatriates
- employment taxation and share schemes
- tax planning for non-domiciled individuals
- planning for projects (infrastructure and energy).
Euri is a member of the Law Society of England and Wales, the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT), and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA).