Naylah is an experienced employment and commercial litigator representing both businesses and individuals. She regularly advises clients on strategy and resolution of contentious situations.
Her contentious practice includes High Court litigation, such as obtaining and defending injunctions, as well as the full-spectrum of Employment Tribunal claims. She is an expert in all areas of discrimination law and has a particular interest in whistleblowing claims and the enforcement of restrictive covenants.
In her practice for individuals, Naylah advises senior executives and entrepreneurs on all areas of employment law and represents their interests in commercial and business negotiations in matters including:
– contract negotiations into new roles
– exits, settlements and negotiation of severance packages
– bonus and/or commission disputes, both internally and in court claims where necessary
– disciplinary and grievance situations
– unlawful discrimination
– family-friendly rights, particularly maternity rights and discrimination
– redundancy, including unfair selection, collective rights and negotiation of enhanced payments
– potential constructive dismissal situations
– unfair dismissal
– enforceability of restrictive covenants
– defence against injunctions threatened by previous employers
– Employment Tribunal claims and/or county court or high court claims in relation to any of the above.
Naylah also has particular expertise in disputes between those who have tripartite status within a company as Directors, shareholders and employees. Naylah provides practical, pragmatic advice and support to senior executives finding themselves in the midst of a Boardroom dispute, or a deadlocked company. There is also often an international element to Naylah’s matters, such as cross-border jurisdictional issues, or advice to individuals with international interests.
In her Employer practice, she defends the full spectrum of Employment Tribunal claims, and also works closely with Human Resources professionals providing advice and support in relation to employee management. She is an expert in all areas of discrimination law and has a particular interest in whistleblowing claims and the enforcement of restrictive covenants.
In non-contentious matters, Naylah works closely with employers, owner-managers and Human Resources professionals in all areas of employee management, including advice on recruitment, preparation of employment documentation, drafting of restrictive covenants, disciplinary issues and management of poor performance, family friendly rights, termination and settlement agreements. Naylah also has an extensive background in transactional work, TUPE and other employment aspects of corporate restructures.
Naylah’s practice includes a wide range of litigation matters, and she particularly specialises in:
• bonus claims
• enforceability of restrictive covenants and remedies for breach, including injunctions
• disputes between those who have tripartite status as Directors, shareholders and employees
• High value breach of contract claims arising out of an employment relationship
There is often an international element to Naylah’s matters, such as cross-border jurisdictional issues or advice to businesses with international interests. She regularly advises clients on strategy and resolution of contentious situations, including negotiating and resolving disputes without recourse to litigation.