Amrit is a highly experienced ‘consigliere’ type of commercial litigator (with over 20 years of experience) who has an unrivalled commitment and dedication to winning wide-ranging disputes for his clients. His practice is highly regarded and spans across London and the Middle East. He is known as a ‘fixer’ and utilises his energy and vigour in his quest to achieve client results. He prides himself on being accessible for his clients at all times.
His considerable experience (mainly at the High Court and Appellate Courts) covers:
• all forms of commercial litigation whether litigation before the Courts and cross-border, arbitration and mediation (including anti-suit, freezing orders/injunctive relief)
• banking litigation – acting for lenders and debtors
• class actions (and private) against insurance companies/brokers
• company/shareholder disputes including section 994 (minority shareholder / unfair prejudice) claims
• complex divorce/financial proceedings including Children Act claims, issues of custody, and with a special focus on cross-border disputes for (ultra-) high net worth individuals
• inheritance/probate disputes
• personal/corporate contentious insolvency, acting for creditors, debtors and hedge funds
• property litigation (all forms)
• quasi civil/criminal business fraud including HMRC disputes
• trust disputes
Amrit acts for Heads of State, household names, family offices and other (ultra) high net worth individuals all across the globe, and particularly from North America, South-East Asia and across the Middle East. Amrit acts for sports owners, property developers, tech/medical companies and self-made entrepreneurs.
In addition to his dispute resolution practice, Amrit is an experienced sports lawyer, undertaking advisory work, drafting, player care and regulatory. A special focus and passion for Amrit is educating football players and the youth academies, where he offers legal/practical seminars (pro-bono) to academies across the Premier League and Championship League.
His cross-discipline experience provides a value-added edge, enabling a ‘holistic’ approach right from the outset of a dispute, which sets the pace and can often make all the difference as to how a matter is settled or won. Amrit’s all round capability and experience provides a regular advantage when handling complex divorce/financial proceedings that contain a myriad of civil/commercial issues.
He has been featured in the Financial Times, Bloomberg and the Evening Standard.