Spencer-West’s ESG Director Ian McDowell is a multidisciplinary ESG specialist with experience of advising public and private sector businesses of all sizes across all aspects of ESG, including corporate governance, community impact and carbon reduction. His clients have included a mixture of FTSE100 and smaller companies, including national charities, children’s hospices and National Health Service charities.
As a Fellow at Cambridge University’s Centre for Science and Policy, he set up a business supporting larger charities including Macmillan Cancer Support to collect and analyse feedback data in multiple dimensions. He has won national awards, both as a leader of teams, and as an innovator in the field of community impact. His Communities of Health approach to community health empowerment was nationally influential, and he was a community engagement adviser to the Health Policy Team in the UK Cabinet Office. His business development work in the UK, USA, Europe and North Africa has encompassed financial inclusion, community engagement, public healthcare, fintech, blockchain, cryptocurrency, e-commerce and e-learning.
As well as writing regularly for websites and magazines, Ian is a City of London Guide Lecturer. He is a Past Chair of the Friends of St Bartholomew’s Hospital in the City of London.
- Policy Fellow, Cambridge University Centre for Science and Policy
- Policy Adviser, UK Prime Minister’s Office of Public Services Reform
- Design and facilitation of learning interventions focused on community and client engagement
- Writer and presenter of virtual education packages
- Technical adviser for engagement projects
- Specialist adviser to national charities