Emma was admitted as a solicitor in 2012 having graduated from the University of Birmingham and completed her LPC at the London College of Law. Emma headed up the Employment Department at her previous Marylebone firm before joining Spencer West. Keenly commercial, she has handled complex employment tribunal cases, negotiated difficult settlements and advised on fair and reasonable redundancy procedures. Emma also advises on all aspects of data protection and GDPR compliance.
Before training as a solicitor Emma spent two years working in Human Resources at a prominent charity in London. This valuable experience enables her to provide legal advice from an informed business perspective when advising and assisting both employers and employees.
Outside work Emma enjoys comedy, theatre and musicals and the occasional glass of red wine!
- Assisting commercial clients in their preparation for the GDPR including producing a suite of documents and templates to assist with compliance
- Representing an educational establishment in defending multiple claims including automatic unfair dismissal by reason of pregnancy and/or having made public interest disclosures, being subject to detriments, failure to allow time off for antenatal appointments, pregnancy and maternity discrimination and victimisation
- Representing a charity in defending multiple claims including unfair dismissal, failure to make reasonable adjustments, discrimination arising from disability, unlawful deduction of wages, breach of the Working Time Regulations, harassment and victimisation
- Advising a recruitment company in respect of a senior recruiter’s flagrant breaches of the implied and express terms of his contract and drafting a comprehensive deed of undertakings
- Representing a charity in defending multiple claims including unfair dismissal, wrongful dismissal and discrimination arising from disability
- Presenting a number of seminars on the GDPR, including at the Chamber of Commerce, the Law Society, various business parks, accountancy firms and banks
- Regularly published in The Times, People Management, City AM and HR Magazine.